Our customers on this project were suffering from a really cold house, the original part of the cottage was built pre 1940 with further extensions we guess around the 70’s. there was very little or no insulation in the walls, floor and roof. Solving these issues led onto a larger project.
We employed R&B Builders to completely redo the ground floor of our house, with a new kitchen, flat roof, bi-fold doors, underfloor heating, patio etc. I am very glad we chose R&B to do the work for us. They were professional and friendly thoroughout the whole process, everything turned out just as they said it would, and there were no surprises on the project or the final bill. The quality of the work is excellent. I recommend them to everyone and will be using them again myself.
Work Carried Out:
- Remove flat roof
- Dig out old multi level floors
- Remove most plaster
- Strip back electrics and plumbing
- Insulate the floor and install water fed UFH
- Re-board the walls with insulation backed plasterboard
- Reconfigure external windows and doors to allow for new Smart 3 panel bi-fold doors
- Complete re-plaster
- Fit new Benchmark kitchen with granite work tops and some integrated appliances
- Install new downstairs toilet and basin
- Create small porch / utility room to house UFH manifold etc
- Install British Gas Active Hive thermostat to allow control by mobile devise away from home.